Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2015/04/14 19:57:44 UTC

Hangout notes

we had a hangout with Dmitriy, Suneel, Andy, Stevo, Pat

We discussed the release strategy for Mahout and would like to propose:
Mahout 0.10.1 is a new branch that will include some changes to the base linear algebra implementations, which are source compatible with 0.10.
Mahout 0.11 will be the master and have at least a target of Spark 1.3 with other new features TDB

Minor point releases could be targeted at approximately 2 month cycle

We discussed helping Flink begin working on their Samsara implementation. This will be somewhat early given in progress changes to 0.10.1 so they will be advised of the situation.

If anyone has anything to add or opinions please chime in.

Re: Hangout notes

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
We did see an issue with examples/run-rf.sh in 0.10.0.  Do we have that
captured in a JIRA? I might have missed it.

Re: Hangout notes

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hangout notes

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.