Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/15 02:01:24 UTC

ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.3 release candidate is available for download

The 1st 0.94.3 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.3-rc0/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

0.94.3 is a bug fix release. This RC has 51 issues resolved against it, contributed by 28 individuals.
These are mostly bug fixes, some nice performance improvements, and some other other improvements.

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12323144

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by November 20th on whether we should release this as 0.94.3.

The release testing spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdFpvZzNpMHRHX0xybjN2eXcxcDVwdEE#gid=0
(if you test this release, please add your test to this spreadsheet, so that we can gauge the coverage)

Thanks.

-- Lars

Re: ANN: The 1st hbase 0.94.3 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1
Downloaded
Verified md5
Verified gpg signature
un tar'd fine
Ran local modes.
Ran test acid.
Tried splitting

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Checked documentation and shell.

Uploaded millions of rows to a standalone instance with PE.  Confirmed
rows updated with RowCounter MR job.

Logs look fine except for the CleanerChore. Its messages are obnoxious
in number.  Not enough to sink a release though.  I made HBASE-7214 to
fix for 0.94.4.

St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM, lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks JM.
> Looks like HBASE-7259 might be sinking this release after all.

Is that something that has been around w/ a while?  Seems extremely rare
too?

If so, I'd suggest rolling out the release and then addressing it in 0.94.4?

St.Ack

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks JM.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.