Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by VAGNER Rodolphe <ro...@eurodoc-sofilog.com> on 2004/01/26 15:08:29 UTC

hyphenation problem

Hy,

I upgrade from 0.20.4 to 0.20.5 and I have the following error in the
log :

"[ERROR] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern  fr_fr
using general language pattern fr instead."

Even I've add to fop.jar the fr.hyp file.

Maibe it's not the right solution, but french hyphenation was not
support in the 0.20.5 I beleave.

Could someone help please.

Limitations of XSL-FO

Posted by "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra" <ga...@integra-india.com>.
Dear All,

Can any one tell me the limitations of XSL-FO. I have listed down a few.

Whether
1. Fancy rules or borders are possible in XSL FO?
2. Type 1 fonts can be embedded?
3. Layout changes in same page?
4. Other languages support except English?
5. Unicode entity support?
6. Variable footers for different sections?
7. Spot color is supported in XSL FO?
8. Handling complex layouts?
9. MathML is supported in FOP?

Please check whether the listed options are possible by XSL FO. If yes
please send me some examples.

Also please send me some documentation where XSL FO limitations are listed.

thanks in advance,
Ganesh

Re: hyphenation problem

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
VAGNER Rodolphe wrote:
> "[ERROR] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern  fr_fr
> using general language pattern fr instead."
>
> Even I've add to fop.jar the fr.hyp file.

Well, the hyphenator looks for a fr_fr.hyp file, probably because
you have both language="fr" and country="fr" defined. Either omit
the country, or rename the file, or just ignore the message.

J.Pietschmann

Re: hyphenation problem

Posted by Peter Menzel <pe...@imise.uni-leipzig.de>.
Hi

If you want to include new hyphenation patterns into fop, it's not enough
to zip them into the fop.jar.. You have to download the source, copy the
patterns in the hyph dir and then run the build script, to compile a new jar
file..

Peter

--
peter.menzel@imise.uni-leipzig.de
Institut für Medizinische Informatik, Statistik und Epidemiologie (IMISE)