Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hammad Sophie <ha...@sibisoft.com> on 2003/04/04 01:52:38 UTC

jasper/jspc nullpointer errors when precompiling thru ant. REPOST

I posted a few days ago but no response. Would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks.

Hammad.

Hi.

My project has jsps, some of which use jstl/jakarta taglibs.
I use ant to pre-compile/compile my jsps manually. All jsps which dont use
taglibs still precompile/compile happily. However jsps with jstl/taglibs do
NOT compile with ant because of some nullpointer exception:

jsp_precompile:
     [jspc] Compiling 64 source
filesC:\jakarta\tomcat\work\Standalone\localhost\northstar
  [jasperc] 2003-03-31 04:08:57 - ERROR-the file
'\Accounting\GL\Budgets\budgetSetupWizard\budgetList.jsp' generated the
following general exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
  [jasperc] error:org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Error compiling
\Accounting\GL\Budgets\budgetSetupWizard\budgetList.jsp
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.processFile(JspC.java:596)
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.execute(JspC.java:800)
  [jasperc]     at org.apache.jasper.JspC.main(JspC.java:822)
  [jasperc] Java Result: 9

The interesting thing is that these same jsps run with no problem on tomcat,
i.e. tomcat will precompile/compile them at run time and they work fine....

Does anyone know whats going on? How can I get Ant to do the precompile.

I posted this on the ant-user list thinking it was an Ant problem. However,
it seems like it is more of a jasper/tomcat issue.... My message on the
ant-user list and its reply:

My environment:
ant 1.5.2
tomcat 4.1.21