Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Tapas Mishra <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/06 10:57:06 UTC

packaging for geronimo specific deployment plan

I tried to deploy a grail application (helloworld) on geronimo I got a
few errors.Like

xception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: id must
be in the form [groupId]/[artifactId]/[version]/[type] :
/root/a12/target/a12-0.1.war
       at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:61)
       at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:51)
       at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.ConfigIDExtractor.identifyTargetModuleIDs(ConfigIDExtractor.java:193)
       at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandStart.execute(CommandStart.java:57)
       at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:168)
       at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
       at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
       at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)

Guessing that I did not provide a Geronimo specific deployment plan in the
web application, for Geronimo I used  Maven
but after looking at the docs I was not clear as how geronimo specific
deployment plan can be used with maven.
I had a look here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html#What_is_Maven
and here http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Home
but still not clear any help would be appreciated.