Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in> on 2015/01/28 09:02:14 UTC

Wiki Documentation of Update policy

Hi,

I was using public rest api to update the policy (Request URL: service/api/public/policy ). Refering to the wiki documentation for the same, i was getting 400 bad request error. Deep digging the api implementation, i found that repositoryName, repositoryType, id parameters are also required as request parameters.

Please let me know the expected behavior.

I would like to suggest that since this api is used to perform update operation by specified id so these parameters should not be required.

If these additional parameters (repositoryName, repositoryType, id ) are mandatory for this api, then the documentation need to be updated accordingly.

-------
Thanks & Regards,
Hanish Bansal
Software Engineer, iLabs
Impetus Infotech Pvt. Ltd.

________________________________

Re: Wiki Documentation of Update policy

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Gautam, would you be able to comment here? And also take care of the
documentation (if needed)?

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in>
Date:  Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 12:02 AM
To:  "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Wiki Documentation of Update policy

Posted by Balaji Ganesan <bg...@apache.org>.
Hanish, I have added access to you to edit this page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/REST+APIs+for+Policy+Management

Please check and add in your changes

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Hanish Bansal <hanish.bansal@impetus.co.in

Posted by Hanish Bansal <ha...@impetus.co.in>.