Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Yuanyuan Feng <yu...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2022/09/07 06:49:12 UTC

Use Qpid Messaging API to connect to a service bus queue

Hi Qpid experts,

Is it possible to use QPID messaging API to connect to a service bus namespace and then send/receive messages to/from a queue on demand?
But it seems that the QPID messaging API 1.40 only support AMQP 1.0 protocol, and service bus is using 1.0.
Are there any other components that can achieve this? I know qpid-proton has a service bus example, but qpid-proton is event based, and it's not really what I am looking for.

Thank you,
Yuanyuan Feng

Re: Use Qpid Messaging API to connect to a service bus queue

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 8:13 AM Yuanyuan Feng
<yu...@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:
> Is it possible to use QPID messaging API to connect to a service bus namespace and then send/receive messages to/from a queue on demand?

I don't believe anyone has ever done so.

In general I would advise against starting new projects using
qpid::messaging. It gets very little attention these days as proton is
the focus.