Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 23:11:30 UTC

Parallelism for KafkaSpout

Hi,
Is the no. of executors for KafkaSpout dependent on the partitions for the
topic?
For E.g.,
Say kafka TopicA has 5 partitions.
If I have a KafkaSpout that has the parallelism hint set to 10, will all
the executors get the data? Or am i constrained by the no. of partitions
declared for the topic?

Regards,
Kashyap

Re: Parallelism for KafkaSpout

Posted by Raphael Hsieh <ra...@gmail.com>.
how do you tell how many partitions are used in a specific bolt on the
topology ?

--
Raphael Hsieh

Re: Parallelism for KafkaSpout

Posted by Kashyap Mhaisekar <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all. Thats the same thing I saw. Wanted to confirm on the behavior!

Regards,

Kashyap

Posted by Nathan Leung <nc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Lee <le...@gmail.com>.
>From my understanding, the executors without a partition to read remain
idle. Its recommended for efficiency to set the number of executors to the
number of partitions.