Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ramin Moazeni <rm...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/05 06:26:09 UTC

build error -- derby 10.2.2.0

Hello,

While trying to build derby 10.2.2.0, I got the following errors. I followed
the instructions in
DUILDING.txt file.

-----ant.properties--------
j13lib=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_20/jre/lib/
j14lib=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_14/jre/lib/
build.compiler=jikes
proceed=true
sane=false

-----$DERBY_SRC/tools/java------
[rm145956@localhost java]$ ls
empty.jar                          javacc.jar          osgi.jar
geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc4.jar   jce1_2_2.jar        xercesImpl.jar
geronimo-spec-servlet-2.4-rc4.jar  jdbc2_0-stdext.jar  xml-apis.jar
jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar              junit.jar

------Error Log ------------
compile_iapi_jdbc_jdbc2:
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to /home/rm145956/opensource/derby/db-
derby-10.2.2.0-src/classes
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling "BrokeredPreparedStatement.java
":
    [javac]
    [javac]    322.     public final void setUnicodeStream(int
parameterIndex, InputStream x, int length) throws SQLException
    [javac]
^-------------------------------------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method "void
setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex, java.io.InputStream x, int length)
throws java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "
java.sql.PreparedStatement".
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 2 semantic errors compiling "
BrokeredCallableStatement.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]
<----------------------------------------------------------
    [javac]     34. public class BrokeredCallableStatement extends
BrokeredPreparedStatement
    [javac]     35.           implements CallableStatement
    [javac]         ------------------------------------->
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method "void
setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex, java.io.InputStream x, int length)
throws java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "
java.sql.PreparedStatement".
    [javac]
    [javac]
    [javac]
<--------------------------------
    [javac]    111.     public final BigDecimal getBigDecimal(int
parameterIndex,
    [javac]    112.                                               int scale)
    [javac]         ------------------------------------------------------->
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method
"java.math.BigDecimalgetBigDecimal(int parameterIndex, int scale)
throws
java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "java.sql.CallableStatement".

compile_jdbc2:
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to /home/rm145956/opensource/derby/db-
derby-10.2.2.0-src/classes
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
"/home/rm145956/opensource/derby/db-derby-10.2.2.0-src
/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedPreparedStatement.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]    613.     public void setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex,
InputStream x, int length)
    [javac]
^-------------------------------------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method "void
setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex, java.io.InputStream x, int length)
throws java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "
java.sql.PreparedStatement".
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
"/home/rm145956/opensource/derby/db-derby-10.2.2.0-src
/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedCallableStatement.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]
<----------------------------------------------------
    [javac]     49. public abstract class EmbedCallableStatement extends
EmbedPreparedStatement
    [javac]     50.         implements CallableStatement
    [javac]         ----------------------------------->
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method "void
setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex, java.io.InputStream x, int length)
throws java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "
java.sql.PreparedStatement".
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling "EmbedCallableStatement20.java
":
    [javac]
    [javac]   1063.     public final BigDecimal getBigDecimal(int
parameterIndex, int scale) throws SQLException
    [javac]
^------------------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method
"java.math.BigDecimalgetBigDecimal(int parameterIndex, int scale)
throws
java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "java.sql.CallableStatement".
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 4 semantic errors compiling "EmbedResultSet20.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]     98.                 public final BigDecimal
getBigDecimal(int columnIndex, int scale)
    [javac]
^---------------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method
"java.math.BigDecimalgetBigDecimal(int columnIndex, int scale) throws
java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "java.sql.ResultSet".
    [javac]
    [javac]
    [javac]    133.                 public final BigDecimal
getBigDecimal(String columnName, int scale)
    [javac]
^-----------------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method
"java.math.BigDecimalgetBigDecimal(
java.lang.String columnName, int scale) throws java.sql.SQLException;" is
deprecated in type "java.sql.ResultSet".
    [javac]
    [javac]
    [javac]    146.     public final
java.io.InputStreamgetUnicodeStream(int columnIndex) throws
SQLException {
    [javac]
^-------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method
"java.io.InputStreamgetUnicodeStream(int columnIndex) throws
java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type "java.sql.ResultSet".
    [javac]
    [javac]
    [javac]    153.     public final
java.io.InputStreamgetUnicodeStream(String columnName) throws
SQLException {
    [javac]
^---------------------------------^
    [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method
"java.io.InputStreamgetUnicodeStream(
java.lang.String columnName) throws java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in
type "java.sql.ResultSet".

Re: build error -- derby 10.2.2.0

Posted by John Embretsen <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
Ramin Moazeni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While trying to build derby 10.2.2.0 <http://10.2.2.0>, I got the
> following errors. I followed the instructions in
> DUILDING.txt file.
>
> -----ant.properties--------
> j13lib=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_20/jre/lib/
> j14lib=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_14/jre/lib/
> build.compiler=jikes
> proceed=true
> sane=false

I believe support for the jikes compiler is no longer maintained, and that this
is true for 10.2.2.0 as well. BUILDING.txt has been updated in the trunk, but
unfortunately this fix was not backported to the 10.2 branch, so I'm afraid you
have been misled.

See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1673 for details.

Please try building 10.2 without using jikes.

--
John