Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Julius Stroffek <Ju...@Sun.COM> on 2006/10/03 17:21:42 UTC

Re: Classes diagram

Hi Yann,

I used a doxygen tool to generate a documentation (like javadoc). It has
powerful capabilities to generate various graphs using graphviz
(inheritance diagram, collaboration diagram, call graph, caller graph)
with a source code included for each function in generated
documentation. You should spend some time adjusting the options for
optimal appearance.

Doxygen page: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/
Graphviz page: http://www.graphviz.org/

This helped me a lot with my first steps with derby. Let me know If you
need some help.

Cheers

Julo

Yann Le Roux wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
> I am looking for a class diagram for apache derby. I would like to
> know how it is organized because I want to add a few functionnalities
> in the database source code.
> Thanks.

> Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit
> le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances,
> vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici
> <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42054/*http://fr.answers.yahoo.com>.

Re: Classes diagram

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM writes:

> Any idea what is going on? Btw, how do I send a bug report?

Ignore the last question. doxygen uses bugzilla.

--
dt

Re: Classes diagram

Posted by Julius Stroffek <Ju...@Sun.COM>.
Try the latest doxygen from cvs. I reported this to dimitri already.
Latest version from cvs works fine.

Regards

Julo

Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
> Julius Stroffek <Ju...@Sun.COM> writes:
>

>> Hi Yann,
>>
>> I used a doxygen tool to generate a documentation (like javadoc). It
>> has powerful capabilities to generate various graphs using graphviz
>> (inheritance diagram, collaboration diagram, call graph, caller graph)
>> with a source code included for each function in generated
>> documentation. You should spend some time adjusting the options for
>> optimal appearance.
>>
>> Doxygen page: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/
>> Graphviz page: http://www.graphviz.org/
>>
>> This helped me a lot with my first steps with derby. Let me know If
>> you need some help.
>>

> Cool, except it dies before it has finished:
>
> [...]
>
> Error: Internal inconsistency: found class org::apache::derby::impl::sql::execute::BaseActivation seem to have a recursive inheritance relation! Please send a bug report to dimitri@stack.nl
> Error: Internal inconsistency: found class org::apache::derby::impl::sql::execute::BaseActivation seem to have a recursive inheritance relation! Please send a bug report to dimitri@stack.nl
> Error: Internal inconsistency: found class org::apache::derby::impl::sql::execute::BaseActivation seem to have a recursive inheritance relation! Please send a bug report to dimitri@stack.nl
> Error: Internal inconsistency: found class org::apache::derby::impl::sql::execute::BaseActivation seem to have a recursive inheritance relation! Please send a bug report to dimitri@stack.nl
> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
>
> Any idea what is going on? Btw, how do I send a bug report?
>
> Even if it failed, it still managed to produce som really cool
> diagrams... :)

Re: Classes diagram

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.

RE : Re: Classes diagram

Posted by Yann Le Roux <ya...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,
I am developping some modifications of the code of apache derby, but the problem is that I don't have a global view of the sources of the database.
I am looking for a diagram which will show me the classes and the links between them to know exactly where I must change the  code, where I must add classes or functions or other things.
So I need a sort of UML class diagram to have a global view of the organization of the classes of the sources of apache derby.
Regards.
Yann.

Julius Stroffek <Ju...@Sun.COM> a écrit :           Hi Yann,