Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Navneet Potti <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/09 01:45:01 UTC

Travis Vector_Copy_Elision_Level

I noticed that we only run Travis with copy elision levels set to the two non-default cases. The default case, which is also the only one that’s turned out to be useful in the benchmarks, is not being tested at all. Does anyone know why? Any objections to changing that?

Re: Travis Vector_Copy_Elision_Level

Posted by Navneet Potti <na...@gmail.com>.
If we only have resources for testing two, I believe one should be the default level. That’s the one that matters most.

The most time consuming build would be good to add if we become more resource efficient or have more resources in the future. But since it’s never useful in benchmarks, why bother with it now?

Posted by Zuyu Zhang <zz...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Nav,

Please go ahead with all the four options as a trial. We've solved all the
CI issues.

Cheers,
Zuyu

Re: Travis Vector_Copy_Elision_Level

Posted by Navneet Potti <na...@gmail.com>.
OK, I’ll put in a PR once the clang/gcc failures are resolved.

Posted by Jignesh Patel <ji...@pivotal.io>.