Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "S. Sharma" <xx...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/29 00:42:45 UTC

Camel ZIP With Encryption & Decryption Support?

Hello All,
  I was looking to feed and generate encrypted ZIP files from a Camel
framework.  I looked and searched, but I was not able to find any examples
of encryption.  I assume that I cannot compress the file and then encrypt it
- ZIP itself (as a process) must do the encryption/decryption with the
proper marking and structure of the compressed/ZIP file.

Is this functionality not in Camel at this point?  Or did I just miss how to
do this completely?

Thanks

RE: Camel ZIP With Encryption & Decryption Support?

Posted by "S. Sharma" <xx...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Stephan,
  It confirms the fact that it was something that was not possible.  I think
that in terms of a work around, I could always do something hacky like add a
process step in the Camel flow to exec the underlying OS unzip function and
uncompress/decrypt the file to feed it back into the flow.

RE: Camel ZIP With Encryption & Decryption Support?

Posted by "Siano, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
Hi,

The camel zip component uses the zip functionality from JDK, and that does not include any support for encrypted zip files. So the short answer to your question is:
No it doesn't support encrypted zip files and it is not an easy task to implement this support.

Best regards
Stephan