Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/12 07:16:39 UTC

[QA][PROPOSAL][ACS4.2] Test plan review: "Storage Backup Object Store Plugin Framework"

Hi Sanjeev,

I had a quick look at the test plan. here is my little feedback / queries about the test plan/functionality. please ignore if any of them are already covered.

* Multiple image stores of same provider type :

Can we add some cases specific to this like adding templates, taking snapshots in an environment like this?

* addImageStore :

test specific feedback :

Should NOT be able to add a NFS image store Zone wide => copy / paste issue? :)
adding little more checks / tests specific to listAPIs
DB schema has changed completely. I am sure this will be tested but, is it possible to add explicit checks specific to db for each of the tests written in the plan?

Queries :

(i) why we don't let the user add swift/s3 at zone level?
(ii) why are we not letting user add NFS provider at region level? Is it due the I/O scalability?

* Templates:

test specific feedback :

1. adding a region wide image store provider and registering template at zone level.

Queries :

(i) after dong the above (1.), is it possible for user to later make it visible at region level and vice versa? if yes, we can add few cases in that area
(iv) why we don't let the user add swift/s3 at zone level? for example, user is using a private zone and wants to use s3 as backup store.
(iii) why are we not letting user add NFS provider at region level? Is it due the I/O scalability?

* DataMotion:

1. if I understand correctly, with this feature user can have cache storage then can we add tests around that area?

Thanks,
SWAMY

Hi,

Test plan for the feature "Storage Backup Object Store Plugin Framework" is developed and placed @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage_Backup_ObjectStore_Plugin_TestPlan
Please review and let me know your comments.

Test cases are mentioned in excel sheet named "ObjectStoreTestPlan.xlsx" attached to the page.
Reference to FS link also given in the page.

Thanks,
Sanjeev