Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Zeus Courtois <ze...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/02 18:33:54 UTC

enabling authentication/authorization

Hi,

I have Slide 2.2pre1 running and would like to enable authentication/authorization.

I have created a file slide.properties and put in under $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes as stated on http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-acl.html.
The file includes: org.apache.slide.security=true

I have uncommented the following XML segments from the Web.xml file:

<!-- Uncomment this to get authentication -->
        <security-role-ref>
         </security-role-ref>

AND

 <!-- Authetication for the WebDAV servlet -->
  <!-- Uncomment this to get authentication -->
    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
    </security-constraint>
     <login-config>
     </login-config>

I have also restarted Tomcat.

Am I missing something? What else should I do?

Thanks,

Zeus O. Courtois