Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2014/11/01 02:53:27 UTC

REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

I've created a ranger-0.4.0-rc0 release candidate, with the following artifacts up for a vote within dev community:

Git tag for the release:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-argus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/ranger-0.4.0-rc0

Source release:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.4.0-rc0/ranger-0.4.0-rc0.tar.gz

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

 [ ] +1  approve
 [ ] +0  no opinion
 [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1

Thanks
Selva-

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Downloaded the bits
<http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.4.0-rc0/ranger-0.4.0-rc0.tar.gz>.
Did a build and binaries were build successfully.

+1 for successful build.

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Madhan Neethiraj <
mneethiraj@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> On 10/31/14, 6:53 PM, "Selvamohan Neethiraj" <sn...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >I've created a ranger-0.4.0-rc0 release candidate, with the following
> >artifacts up for a vote within dev community:
> >
> >Git tag for the release:
> >
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-argus.git;a=shortlog;h
> >=refs/tags/ranger-0.4.0-rc0
> >
> >Source release:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.4.0-rc0/ranger-0.4.0-rc
> >0.tar.gz
> >

> >The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > [ ] +1  approve
> > [ ] +0  no opinion
> > [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> >Here is my +1
> >
> >Thanks
> >Selva-
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Singh

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <mn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Alok Lal <al...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Alok
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Thanking you.
> >
> > With Regards
> > Sree
> >
> >      On Friday, October 31, 2014 6:58 PM, Ramesh Mani <
> > rmani@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >

> >  +1
> >
> > go Ranger!
> >
> > On Oct 31, 2014, at 6:53 PM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I've created a ranger-0.4.0-rc0 release candidate, with the following
> > artifacts up for a vote within dev community:
> > >
> > > Git tag for the release:
> > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-argus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/ranger-0.4.0-rc0
> > >
> > > Source release:
> > >

> http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.4.0-rc0/ranger-0.4.0-rc0.tar.gz
> > >

> > > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > [ ] +1  approve
> > > [ ] +0  no opinion
> > > [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
> > >
> > > Here is my +1
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Selva-
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> "* ... there is nothing more secure then a computer which is not connected
> to the network --- and powered off!...*" - from Kerberos Introduction
> <http://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/www/#what_is>
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Alok Lal <al...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1

Thanking you.

With Regards
Sree

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
No, it doesn't.  The md5 (and preferably shasum) need to be posted with
the tarball so that others not on the email list can verify it.

Also, you need to deal with the license issues.

Alan.

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Alan,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: REQUEST for VOTE on Ranger Release 0.4.0 - within dev community of Apache Ranger

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
-1