Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/16 22:52:55 UTC

[FlexJS] Error during FlexJS example compilations

Hi Team,

I'm trying back to the game again. :) I've downloaded newest nightly build
and try to run examples using Intellij.

Since I don't know whether something changed in configuration since Fred
setup it [1], so I've decided run ant script to build example. I choose
DataGridExample and run build.xml main target.

Swf version built without the problem, but "compilejs" target failed with
following error [2].

I will be appreciate for any help.

[1]
http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/FlexJS-Intellij-integration-tp47865p47868.html
[2] https://paste.apache.org/tzUg

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: AW: [FlexJS] Error during FlexJS example compilations

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex, Om.

Finally everything has built with success. Now I can jump to try fix some
bugs. Probably will have lot's of question how to debug examples using
sources. Will see. :)

Piotr

-----

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/10/16, 9:41 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>Yes that was it. I had some space in line
>
>env.PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION=21.0. However my compilation still failing [1],
>but
>I may have some problem with my PC. Not sure cause it stuck I think on
>launching unit test application.

Makes sure there really is an executable here:
FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER = d:\flex_sdk\player\flashplayer.exe

If you click on a SWF in the file system, does it launch that exe?

-Alex

Re: AW: [FlexJS] Error during FlexJS example compilations

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Yes that was it. I had some space in line

env.PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION=21.0. However my compilation still failing [1], but
I may have some problem with my PC. Not sure cause it stuck I think on
launching unit test application.

[1] https://paste.apache.org/AmSV

Piotr

-----

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

Is it possible that there isn't a playerglobal.swc in

	d:\flex_sdk\player\21.0

I think the tests are saying it can't find Sprite by loading classes from
swcs found in PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME/PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION

-Alex

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

No problem. :) I'm a bit farther thanks to this. Strange thing but I got
failure which I had previously [1].
Om point me to the solution that I should set up PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION, so I

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

Looking at these results made me realize that one of the changes I made to
fix "ant all" apparently never got committed.  No wonder it didn't work
for you.  Sorry for missing that.

Please try pulling flex-asjs and running "ant all" again.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Piotr,

If you want to explore this more, please:

-dump your environment variables to the console output.
-dump your folder structure to the console output
-dump the last set of git changes for flex-asjs to the console output via
'git log'
-run 'ant all'

Then post the entire console output to paste.a.o.  I will look at it in
the morning.

I want to make sure:
-you don't have any environment variables set like FALCON_HOME and
FALCONJX_HOME
-you don't have any sibling folders to flex-asjs
-you have the latest flex-asjs code from the develop branch

Then I want to see what it does and compare to how it works for me.  The
output should not be referencing flexjs_nightly.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Error during FlexJS example compilations

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Also, it looks like you still have some environment variables set like
FALCON_HOME or FALCONJX_HOME

To use "ant all", only set PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME and FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER

Then only have flex-asjs in a folder and run "ant all".  It should pull
down and build the other repos.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Piotr,

Things will be a lot simpler with the new Maven build, but I still need some time to finish it. I'm on vacation for a few days, so progress well be limited in this time, but after that I am hoping to finish things before apache con :-)

Chris

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
If you already dont have one, create the file: flex-asjs/local.properties
file and add this content in it:

# Flash player version for which player global swc to use
playerglobal.version = 21.0
# SWFVersion to use
playerglobal.swfversion = 32

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 3/24/16, 5:37 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Last night I got "ant all" to work for me in flex-asjs with only
> >> PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME and FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER environment variables.  I had
> >> to fix a few things in the scripts to get it to work.
> >>
> >> Maybe start from the beginning.  Make sure the flex-asjs repo is up to
> >> date.  Then delete all of the sibling repos.  Then run "ant all" from
> >> flex-asjs and let us know what happens.
> >>

> >What is your player global verson?  I think if you set it to 11.1 there
> >will not be any errors. Once you change the player global version, things
> >start breaking.  That is why I suggested adding the local.properties file
> >and set those variables there.  It worked for me.
>
> I use 11.1.  But even with 11.1 things were broken until I pushed some
> changes this morning.

Okay, got it.  It would be a good exercise to make sure that new comers
(with a clean slate) can build without any issues.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I recently went through this whole excercise and ran into the very same
issues.  I have tried to fix any bugs I encountered.

I remember the flexunit issue as well.  Ensure that you switch to the
develop branch on flex-flexuint before building it.  Then flex-asjs will
stop complaining about flexunit :-)

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I think the problem is PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION = 11.1

You will need to set this enviornment variable to (I think 21.0 based on
your air sdk version) or copy the env.template.properties file to
env.properties and set it there.  I recently patched this file to account
for this issue.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Try running ant all in flex falcon.

Sent from my LG G3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ohh..Cause I post only fragment of log console. Ok I will post once again
whole log later today.

Thanks,
Piotr

-----

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/22/16, 11:06 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>Thank you for your patience. This is the result of run all [1]
>
>[1] https://paste.apache.org/LVDU

Hmm.  I guess I'm surprised the log starts with "main" and not "all".  The
"all" target should have built falcon.  Can yo show the console starting
with the command line of "ant all"?

FWIW, I just discovered that the flex-asjs source package doesn't build
without FALCON_HOME and FALCONJX_HOME environment variables, so I am going
to fix that which is going to resolve the issue you had with building
against an IDE-compatible folder structure.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Error during FlexJS example compilations

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

Remove the FALCON_HOME and FALCONJX_HOME environment variables, then from
  d:\flex_sdk\Sources\flex-asjs
Run:
  ant all

Let us know what happens.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

The building the repo, it is expecting the compiler to be in the same
folder structure as the flex-falcon repo, and not in the folder structure
that the IDEs expect.  It looks like you are still pointing at an IDE
folder structure.

I haven't tried it in a while, but in theory, running "ant all" from
flex-asjs repo will bring down all the other repos and build them.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

I assume in order to commit the changes you have pulled down the flex-asjs
repo (and switched to the develop branch).  If 'ant main' and 'ant
examples' are successful, it is probably safe to check in.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
So D:\flex_sdk\flexjs_nightly is a result of running the Installer?  Did
you set environment variables?

I forgot that in an installed FlexJS SDK, using Ant to build the examples
doesn't work and we expect you to just use the bin/mxmlc and js/bin/mxmlc
to compile any project including the examples.

I suppose we could try fixing up the Ant scripts so they could work.  If
you really want to use Ant, you can try overriding the extlib_arg like
this:

ant
-Dextlib_arg=-external-library-path+=/Users/aharui/ApacheFlexJSNightly/js/l
ibs/js.swc

HTH,
-Alex

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
I used installer.

Piotr

-----

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Did you use the Installer to get set up or did you do something else?

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hmm. Maybe we have a spaces-in-path bug.  Can you try using folders
without spaces in the names?

-Alex