Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2014/08/30 20:37:29 UTC

Interesting new JDK feature - string dedup

JDK8 update 20 (just out) has a pretty cool new feature that might
work great for us - string de-duplication at the GC level, check it
out:

https://twitter.com/phunt/status/505509298990891008

Patrick

Re: Interesting new JDK feature - string dedup

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
On 30 August 2014 11:37, Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> wrote:

> JDK8 update 20 (just out) has a pretty cool new feature that might
> work great for us - string de-duplication at the GC level, check it
> out:
>
> https://twitter.com/phunt/status/505509298990891008

Very cool - have you (or someone) tried it with ZK? I'll give it a try
later on.

-rgs