Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sunny44 <su...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/26 21:13:54 UTC

Weblogic-application.xml creation

If anyone of you have added the weblogic-application.xml to the axis2.war
file then please throws the instruction for the creation along with the
sample.

I am deploying an Axis2.war on 8.1 sp4 server i am able to see my service on
the UI able to browse the WSDL also but when i make the call to web service
i get an error

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamReader class

Which i believe is STAX conflict which can be resolved by
weblogi-application.xml.

If my undertanding is not correct and the solution is different then advice
me otherwise please let me know where and HOW should i get the
weblogic-application.xml in WAR file.

thanks

Sunny

Re: Weblogic-application.xml creation

Posted by Alejandro Calbazana <al...@calbazana.com>.
Ok... Here are my steps to resolve this under WL9.2.  These may be
similar to yours but I am going to list them out in detail.  These steps
allowed me to work with Axis2 + Hibernate 3.2 + WL 9.2 without
encountering some of the linkage errors I experienced:

1. Build and pack up Axis2.war per Axis2 build instructions.  This means
building the Axis2 web app with the requisite ant task (create.war).
2. Explode the newly built Axis2.war file and modify some of the
configuration settings appropriate for WL 9.x.  These modifications
include the following for the web app:
    - Add weblogic.xml containing "prefer-web-inf-classes" to Axis2/WEB-INF/
3. Create a new repository location to house Axis2 service archives and
modules.
4. Modify Axis2's web.xml to point to the newly created repository location.
    - Clean up by removing Axis2's predefined repository OR move
predefined modules and services to your new location.
    - If predefined modules and services are moved, make sure to define
the modules and services in their respective *.list file in the repository.
5. Create an EAR to house your modified Axis2 web application.
6. Add weblogic-application.xml containing classloader filters to the
EARs deployment.  My prefered package filters defined in
weblogic-application.xml include the following:

<weblogic-application xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90">
  <prefer-application-packages>
    <package-name>com.ctc.wstx.*</package-name>
    <package-name>javax.xml.*</package-name>
    <package-name>org.apache.*</package-name>
    <package-name>org.xml.sax.*</package-name>
  </prefer-application-packages>
</weblogic-application>

I had to add org.xml.sax.* to get around linkage errors related to Class
org/xml/sax/EntityResolver when parsing hibernate configurations.  If
there is a better solution, please advise!

7. Pack up your EAR and deploy it to a WL instance.

Assuming you've deployed your Axis2 EAR and everything starts up
correctly, you should be able to see Axis' admin pages, etc...  You can
now build and deploy your new service archives and modules.  Assuming
you have a new service to deploy:

8. Copy your archive to the new repository location.
9. Modify your *.list file to add the new archive appropriately.

Note: I needed to deploy my service archive as exploded.  This was the
only way that some dependent libs were found.  For example, Hibernate
barked that it could not load proxies for my domain objects b/c it was
unable to find net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.*.  This caused
ClassNotFoundException for net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer$Enhancer Key.  I
don't mind deploying exploded service archives, but if there is a better
approach, please advise!

10. Run your service.

So far, this seems to work out for me.  I will continue to test.  If I
run into anything, I will note it.  If anyone has any suggestions,
please pass them on.

Thanks!

Al

Posted by Sunny44 <su...@yahoo.com>.