Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/18 10:47:00 UTC

Updated tutorial: Java Quick Start Tutorial

Hi all,

We're in the process of moving learning trails and tutorials from
netbeans.org to netbeans.apache.org, using Asciidoc, as well as GitHub, so
that anyone is able to suggest changes to tutorials via pull requests on
GitHub.

Action item for everyone: below is the new and updated quick start, take a
look, what do you think of it, any comments?

https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/java/quickstart.html

The above is the Apache NetBeans version of this tutorial:

https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/java/quickstart.html

Part of what we're doing is using this opportunity to rework the tutorials
a bit, in this case, simplifying it and giving it a stronger focus on
letting the complete newbie get to a point of success more quickly.

And do others want to get involved in the process of reviewing, tweaking,
fixing tutorials? Here's the issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1867

In any case, comments on the tutorial above are needed!

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Updated tutorial: Java Quick Start Tutorial

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks. Yes, that's a long and complicated discussion.

You're welcome to comment on this PR with your thoughts:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/1038

Gj

Posted by Philip Durbin <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geertjan,