Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Kramer <da...@thekramers.net> on 2004/12/15 15:44:06 UTC

Problem with svn co within Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX

(preface: Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX is a horrible product with a
perverse name.  It is actually UNIX services for Windows, as it provides
UNIX commands and shells to Windows.  But I have been mandated to use it,
and the ksh it provides.)

I am trying to implement a cross-platform build script using SFU for ksh
on WinXP.  When the script gets up to the point of running "svn checkout",
the script simply exits.  If I substitute some other command, it
continues on, but something is happenning with svn that's making the
script exit.  Obviously, I am posting on on the SFU support website, too.

Here is the relevant part of the script:
    # If the working copy already exists, then do an update instead of a
checkout.
     if [ -d ${TODIR}/.svn ]
	 then
		svn update ${REVARG} .
     else
	 	svn checkout ${REVARG} ${FROMURL} .
     fi
     status=$?
     echo "Status is '$status'"

When I run it , calling Subversion, I get:
+ [ -d /dev/fs/C/windevel/svn1/rogue/rw/.svn ]
+ svn checkout http://us00i3.devportal.net/svn/repos/rogue/rw .
A  gordvec.h
A  xvdlist.cc
A  tvrtarry.cc
A  tvsldict.h
(etc)
A  toolerr.h
A  tpordvec.h
Checked out revision 16.

Then I end up back at the ksh prompt.

When I run the same exact command outside the script, it exits 0.

Any ideas?