Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Pelton, James" <Ja...@ascp.org> on 2002/03/21 18:40:38 UTC

[OT] Determining browser's authentication realm

I'm using Apache 1.3.23, and I have a traditional scheme using sessions,
passwords and user ids. What I want to know is, could one write a JavaScript
that would check the browser to see if it is currently logged in? Since I'm
not using cookies, I don't know how to check.

james pelton

Re: [OT] Determining browser's authentication realm

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
imo it's possible only with cookies and/or special URL parts. if one
could access credentials sent to the site from JS, that would be a huge
security hole.