Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/05/06 17:36:24 UTC

CloudStack Collaboration Conference - Marketing Plan?

Hi all,

While most of the event planning work is being done off-list for the
upcoming conference, one area that I believe would be great to see the
marketing@ community help out with is in coming up with a good marketing
plan for the conference.  We're actually (IMO) quite late in both
announcing the conference and in promoting it, however I think there's
still time to make an impact.

So my first question is: has anyone already come up with a comprehensive
marketing plan to promote attendance at the conference?

And the follow up: If the answer above is no, then does anyone want to
start that up and see if we can get the word out even more broadly?

-chip

Re: CloudStack Collaboration Conference - Marketing Plan?

Posted by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com>.
I've been working on promoting the event to those people that we have dealt with at Citrix as well as others who have shown interest in CloudStack in the past.
However, due to some recent feedback on Citrix presence being too overbearing for CCC I stepped back.
I'd be glad to put together a plan and help do the work but frankly I'd be glad to leave the door open for someone else who wants to.
Either way we should get moving quickly.

Regards, Mark

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 09:21:58PM +0000, Karen Vuong wrote:
> Hi Chip,
>
> Can you use this one? It's at a higher res :) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30760149/CloudStack+Collaboration+Conference+Banner+v3+Blue+Background+Only.jpg
>
> Thanks!

Done

RE: CloudStack Collaboration Conference - Marketing Plan?

Posted by Karen Vuong <ka...@citrix.com>.
Hi Chip,

Can you use this one? It's at a higher res :) https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/30760149/CloudStack+Collaboration+Conference+Banner+v3+Blue+Background+Only.jpg

Thanks!