Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk> on 2011/07/21 00:49:11 UTC

Re: [C3] New blog post about Cocoon / Wicket integration

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for writing your blog post on integrating Wicket with Cocoon3.  I
found the example you gave very interesting.

It has re-kindled my interest in Cocoon again.

I remember being very interested in an article Reinhard wrote [2] a
while ago on this very subject.

I think it is very important to have something that can replace the
functionality that CForms (a.k.a. Woody!) used to perform in C1 and C2.

Regards,
David Legg

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 15:15 +0200, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've written a blog post [1] about the Cocoon / Wicket integration,
> making a little more complex example out of the cocoon-sample-wicket-webapp.
>
> Please let me know what do you think.
>
> Cheers.

[1] http://chicchiricco.blogspot.com/2011/06/build-rich-xml-enabled-applications.html
[2]
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/c3-ref/html/wicket-integration.html

Re: [C3] New blog post about Cocoon / Wicket integration

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 21/07/2011 00:49, David Legg wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Thanks for writing your blog post on integrating Wicket with Cocoon3.  I
> found the example you gave very interesting.
>
> It has re-kindled my interest in Cocoon again.

Thank you for this follow-up, David! This was exactly my secret hope :-)

> I remember being very interested in an article Reinhard wrote [2] a
> while ago on this very subject.

The latest updated of the link you are referring to ([2]) is [3], as
part of the (still to be completed) Cocoon 3 reference.

> I think it is very important to have something that can replace the
> functionality that CForms (a.k.a. Woody!) used to perform in C1 and C2.

I strongly agree on this: I was really used to C2.1 CForms too!
Now, with Cocoon 3.0 new slim approach, I really like this marriage
between one of the leading web frameworks like as Wicket and the - still
- reference framework for XML processing.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member