Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/26 20:37:41 UTC

Allow customer self-service on Fineract-CN

Hi!

I would like to raise a separate thread regarding customers logging in to
fineract-cn on their own behalf
(to provide customer self-service). Vishwas wrote earlier in another thread:
> AFAIK, you cannot do the same on the current micro-services.
> The Mifos initiative has another project (Customer Self Service API
Gateway)
> which allows customer self service by maintaining separate credentials
for each customer.
> After the customer has been authenticated and authorized at the gateway,
> it interfaces with Fineract-CN using a system / back-office user
credential .

I didn't find such a project, I think something like this only exists for
Fineract 1.x
But even if it exists the described design sounds more like a workaround or
a "hack"
- something that is done to add the functionality to an existing system.

Since Fineract-CN is a new platform and it has all the building blocks it
should make customer a
First-Class citizen [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-class_citizen ]
meaning the customer
would represent himself as a user and all the privileges checking systems
would
make sure the customer is only able to obtain information about himself.

I know it adds a lot of complexity (to alredy complex world) but I was
wondering if
this question has risen earlier and if there have been any design thoughts
how it should
be implemented (or why it was decided not to implement it).

I see Fineract 1.x /MifosX has a nice analysis document about customer
self-service here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Customer+Self-Service
I wonder if something exists for Fineract-CN as well.
Or if not how could we come up with a similar document how it should be
once implemented.

Regards
Juhan

Re: Allow customer self-service on Fineract-CN

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Youtube somehow included the wrong link:

Here's the link to the webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcP5U-hPwpY

There are also some initial docs on the API Gateway and Open Banking API at
https://mifos.gitbook.io/docs/

Ed

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi Juhan,