Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ronen Gross <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 12:45:26 UTC

Spark1.2 Exception with Zeppelin

Hi,

I have an Exception when I try to run the Zeppelin Tutorial example.
Zeppelin in spark local mode worked OK but when I'm using spark in cluster
mode I got an error when I run the %sql

The Error is:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf cannot be
cast to org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD at
org.apache.spark.SpaekContext$$anonfun$27.apply(SparkContext.scala:1045)
at
org.apache.spark.rdd.HadoopRDD$$anonfun$getJobConf$6.apply(HadoopRDD.scala:170)
at
org.apache.spark.rdd.HadoopRDD$$anonfun$getJobConf$6.apply(HadoopRDD.scala:170)
at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:145)

I used this command to build a distribution of Zeppelin:
mvn clean package -Pspark-1.2 -Phadoop-2.4 -DskipTests
-Dhadoop.version=2.5.0-cdh5.3.1 -Dspark.version=1.2.1 -P build-distr

Is it an error of using spark 1.2.0 ?

Thanks,
Ronen

Re: Spark1.2 Exception with Zeppelin

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, toDF() exists from spark 1.3. If you just remove .toDF(), example will
work for spark 1.2.

About the exception, we have related discussion in our old github
repository. https://github.com/NFLabs/zeppelin/issues/368

Thanks,
moon

Zeppelin with highcharts on AWS.

Posted by "Wood, Dean Jr (GE Oil & Gas)" <De...@ge.com>.
Hi,

I’m trying to use AWS with zeppelin and am having some issues with using highcharts with zeppelin.

I’m not sure if this is a zeppelin or highcharts issue but maybe you’ll at least be able to clarify that. So I have a spark cluster on AWS and I have zeppelin running on another VM. When I try and plot with highcharts, it fails to open another window in my browser and the url it gives in the response is the private ip of the vm zeppelin is running on. I need some way to either change the url it is using to respond with or allow it to print within the existing zeppelin notebook.

Any ideas?

Dean

Re: Spark1.2 Exception with Zeppelin

Posted by Ronen Gross <ro...@gmail.com>.