Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Tarun Chabarwal <ta...@paytm.com> on 2020/02/19 09:35:18 UTC

localorshuffle grouping doubt

Consider following configuration for a topology:
#spouts: 2
#bolt: 8
#workers: 3

[attached pic]

With this configuration one of the workers won't have spout and If we apply
localorshuffle grouping between spout and bolt, does worker3 bolts receive
any tuple ?

Regards
Tarun Chabarwal

Re: localorshuffle grouping doubt

Posted by Ethan Li <et...@gmail.com>.
They will not.

Please refer to the code here https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/daemon/GrouperFactory.java#L85-L88 <https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-client/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/daemon/GrouperFactory.java#L85-L88>

The targetTasks will be the tasks on the same worker, unless there is none, then localOrShuffle will be just like normal shuffle grouping