Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it> on 2003/05/27 12:02:55 UTC

Upgrade to Cocoon-2.1M2

Gentle Folks,

maybe I've missed something, but the upgrade patch to be used with the
patch command (cited in the readme.txt) is missing in today's CVS: could
someone explain ?

                Luca Morandini
                GIS Consultant
               lmorandini@ieee.org
http://space.virgilio.it/kumora/index.html

Re: Upgrade to Cocoon-2.1M2

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:02:55PM +0200, Luca Morandini wrote:
>
>>Gentle Folks,
>>
>>maybe I've missed something, but the upgrade patch to be used with the
>>patch command (cited in the readme.txt) is missing in today's CVS:
>>could someone explain ?
>

> The upgrade has been made.  Forrest now uses M2.

Oh ! Hence the cocoon_upgrade directory should be deleted, shouldn't it ?

Re: Upgrade to Cocoon-2.1M2

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:02:55PM +0200, Luca Morandini wrote:
> Gentle Folks,
>
> maybe I've missed something, but the upgrade patch to be used with the
> patch command (cited in the readme.txt) is missing in today's CVS:
> could someone explain ?

The upgrade has been made.  Forrest now uses M2.

--Jeff

Re: Upgrade to Cocoon-2.1M2

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Luca Morandini wrote:
> Gentle Folks,
>
> maybe I've missed something, but the upgrade patch to be used with the
> patch command (cited in the readme.txt) is missing in today's CVS: could
> someone explain ?

If i understand your questions correctly, then you have
mistaken the purpose of etc/cocoon_upgrade/README.txt

Jeff, as a Forrest committer, recently used that doc to upgrade
the xml-forrest CVS itself to use a recent Cocoon. As a user,
all that you need to do is 'cvs update' and 'build clean'.

The "cocoon_upgrade" facility is now ready to guide anyone who
feels like upgrading to a newer version of Cocoon sometime
down-the-track.

--David