Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ralph Vercauteren <rr...@qad.com> on 2021/02/04 09:31:54 UTC

To create a REST server

Hi all,

Not sure if I need to ask this in this mailing list or the list of the
developers.

I want to create a REST server with NIFI.

I have a Kafka queue storing messages. When something is connected to the
REST server, the Kafka queue has to be read and all waiting messages should
be collected and send back as a response to the REST client,

I tried to google for a hint or solution, but I couldn't find it.

With regards,
Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Met vriendelijke groet,

*Ralph Vercauteren*
Technical Architect QAD Automation Solutions
Mobile NL: +31 6 5397 7230
rrv@qad.com

This e-mail may contain QAD proprietary information and should be treated
as confidential.

Re: To create a REST server

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
I'd also keep in mind how partitioning of kafka topics works with
consumers, and whether or not you have a clustered nifi (most people would
for production).

If you have a topic with 1 partition and 3 nifi nodes, only one of the nifi
nodes has a consumer assigned to this partition (assuming 1 processor, 1
concurrent task), and you wouldn't know which node to call
ListenHttp/HandleHttpRequest on.

If you have a topic with 3 partitions and 3 nifi nodes, most likely 1
partition is assigned to the consumer on each node, so then you could call
the end-point on any node, but you'd only be consuming from 1 partition,
not all the messages available in the topic.

Re: To create a REST server

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@gmail.com>.

Re: To create a REST server

Posted by Ralph Vercauteren <rr...@qad.com>.