Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kevin Plested <ke...@warpzone.ca> on 2007/08/08 16:31:30 UTC

Updates ?

I'm using sa-update with SA 3.2.1. I think I was told on this list whe I was
using 3.1.8 that updates weren't as frequent with the 3.1.8 version because
they had to be done manually, but with 3.2.x they are more frequent due to
it being done automatically ?

I could be wrong with that, but since I installed 3.2.1 I haven't got any
updates from sa-update. I run it manually and it says that everything is up
to date.

I'm running sa-update ver "svn540384".

All my .cf updates in /var/db/spamassassin/3.002001/updates_spamassassin_org
are from July 22nd (which is the day I installed the new version).

Kevin Plested

Re: Updates ?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 05:40:29PM +0100, Graham Murray wrote:
> So would it not make more sense to have the automatic update generation
> operate on the latest stable version?

Patches welcome.  :)

ie: it's not a policy/etc decision to do this.  the current automated
system doesn't have support for non-development versions and wouldn't
work correctly for them.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the

Re: Updates ?

Posted by Graham Murray <gr...@gmurray.org.uk>.
Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> writes:

> They're both done manually.  3.2 used to automatic, now it's 3.3 that's
> automatic.  It follows the development tree.

Pardon me for saying so, but is that not backwards? People following the
development branch (which I have done in the past) normally use SVN
frequently to keep up to date. Therefore having less need to use
sa-update than people running the stable versions. So would it not make

Re: Updates ?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:31:30AM -0400, Kevin Plested wrote:
> I'm using sa-update with SA 3.2.1. I think I was told on this list whe I was
> using 3.1.8 that updates weren't as frequent with the 3.1.8 version because
> they had to be done manually, but with 3.2.x they are more frequent due to
> it being done automatically ?

They're both done manually.  3.2 used to automatic, now it's 3.3 that's
automatic.  It follows the development tree.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"It's not that we're afraid ... Far from it ... It's just that we have
 this thing about death ... it's not us."      - Space Balls