Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ron Crocker <rc...@newrelic.com> on 2017/12/15 00:14:06 UTC

Consecutive windowed operations

In the 1.4 docs I stumbled on this section: Consecutive windowed operations <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#consecutive-windowed-operations>

This is very nice, but now I’m curious if it has always applied and was just not well documented or this is new behavior in 1.4 (side note: I’m trying to decide if I need to upgrade from 1.3.2 to 1.4).

Thanks!
Ron
—
Ron Crocker
Principal Engineer & Architect
( ( •)) New Relic
rcrocker@newrelic.com
M: +1 630 363 8835

Re: Consecutive windowed operations

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron,

chaining windows as shown in the example was also possible before 1.4.0.
So you can keep using Flink 1.3.2 if this would be the only reason to
update to 1.4.0.

Best, Fabian