Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Kirk <pk...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2017/08/02 11:31:10 UTC

generate field name in query

Hi - is it possible to create a query (or fq) which generates the field to search on, based on whether or not the document has that field?

Eg. Search for documents with prices in the range 100 - 200, using either the field "price_owner_float" or "price_customer_float" (if a document has a field "price_owner_float" then use that, otherwise use the field "price_customer_float").

This gives a syntax error:
fq=if(exists(price_owner_float),price_owner_float,price_customer_float):[100 TO 200]

Thanks,
Peter

Re: generate field name in query

Posted by Hendrik Haddorp <he...@gmx.net>.
You should be able to just use
price_owner_float:[100 TO 200]  OR price_customer_float:[100 TO 200]

If the document doesn't have the field the condition is false.

Posted by xdzgor1 <pk...@alpha-solutions.dk>.
Rick Leir-2 wrote

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Peter