Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bjørn Ola Smievoll <b....@smievoll.no> on 2006/05/05 11:01:26 UTC

[M2] Possible snapshot dependency bug with ejb-client.

We have a ejb-backend that's currently buildt with ant, so now and then
I manually use "deploy:deploy-file -Dversion=x.y.z-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=ejb-client ..." to deploy a new version of the interfaces to
our local repo. This seems to work out fine; with multiple versioned
snapshot client-jars and a correct metadata file.

The problem occurs when using the snapshot dependency in clients built
with m2.  When downloaded two jars are created, one named:
artifact-x.y.z-timestamp-buildnumber-client.jar and a copy of this
called artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT-client.jar, in addition a
artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT.pom file (no -client, but that seems sane
enough) referencing the artifact-x.y.z-timestamp-buildnumber-client.jar
file is created.

The first time downloading the dep this isn't a issue, but after
subsequent uploads of the ejb-client jar, the new snapshots are
downloaded (new timestamp and buildnumber), the
artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT.pom is updated, but the
artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT-client.jar is not replaced and somehow this is
the one used by client projects but for bundling and by the eclipse
plugin. Though, when running with -X I see that
artifact-x.y.z-SNAPSHOT-client.jar is what is used in the classpath, so
I guess the problem is releated to the updating of this file?

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

(bo)