Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Anirudh Acharya <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/01 21:33:47 UTC

Re: MXNet - Label Bot functionality

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for working on this. This will be very helpful for people who triage
issues and reviews PRs regularly.

Few concerns from this design document -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Machine+Learning+Based+GitHub+Bot
and
the conversation in the comment section

   1. As the scope of the label bot increases, the need for a safety checks
   on who the label bot listens to becomes important. Currently the bot just
   adds labels. You have proposed that the bot also be allowed to remove and
   update labels. And I think allowing the bot to close issues( with a command
   like @mxnet-label-bot close) is in discussion in the comments section. This
   opens up a serious security flaw - anyone who wishes to abuse this system,
   can randomly start closing issues or removing labels. You need to come up
   with a solution so that the bot does not listen to random strangers on the
   internet.
   2. Also you seem to have linked a document that goes to an internal
   amazon website, please remove that.

Thanks
Anirudh