Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ramaj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/22 15:07:07 UTC

Use Flat files for USER_STATISTICS,PAGE_STATISTICS tables

hello,
I have installed Jetspeed2.1 on linux m/c.
We have used LDAP for user authentications.
And mysql for store databases.like as:

After user authentication done by LDAP,user info and page info store into
following tables for each user after logon:
1st step:
    1.USER_STATISTICS
     Field:
          IPADDRESS
          USER_NAME
          TIME_STAMP
          STATUS
          ELAPSED_TIME

   2.PAGE_STATISTICS
    Field:
         IPADDRESS
         USER_NAME
         TIME_STAMP
         PAGE
         STATUS
        ELAPSED_TIME

But,this info is very huge and dynamic ,and need to remove this from tables
peridocally.
So,I want to write these dynamic info in flat files.

Then,how i do that?
plz help me.

Thanks
RAMJ

Re: Use Flat files for USER_STATISTICS,PAGE_STATISTICS tables

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi RAMJ,

You can disable logging to DB and enable logging to log files:
Set the first constructor-arg of PortalStatistics bean in /WEB-INF/assembly/statistics.xml to true
if you want to leave logs to log files.
And set the second constructor-arg to false if you don't want to leave log records to DB.

Also, you can add some log configurations for only statistics category in
/WEB-INF/conf/Log4j.properties.
For example,

log4j.category.org.apache.jetspeed.statistics = INFO, statistics
log4j.additivity.org.apache.jetspeed.statistics = false

log4j.appender.statistics=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.statistics.file=${applicationRoot}/logs/statistics.log
log4j.appender.statistics.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.statistics.append=false
log4j.appender.statistics.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.statistics.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS} [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

The logs will show same record information in log files.

-Woonsan