Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2007/01/10 00:24:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r494598 - /httpd/httpd/dist/

On Jan 9, 2007, at 1:33 PM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:

> Author: wrowe
> Date: Tue Jan  9 13:33:19 2007
> New Revision: 494598

> Log:
> Move dist/ to where one might expect to find it.  Not often
> we update site/docs without updating dist/ too.
>
> About to switch roots on people.apache.org after the relocation.
>
> Removed:
>     httpd/httpd/dist/

Umm, do my eyes deceive me, or did you just remove the source for

    www.apache.org/dist/httpd/    [our public release area]

and replace it with / over the top of

    httpd.apache.org/dist/        [our dev builds area]

WTF?  Please tell me this can be reversed.

....Roy

Re: svn commit: r494598 - /httpd/httpd/dist/

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Okay, makes sense, but would be better to let people know the plan
> first since we have to update our checkouts anyway.

Fair enough, mea culpa to all four of you who have this checked out.

svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/site/trunk/dist
will get you there.  The bigger win is that your httpd/site/trunk
checkout will contain the dist/ as well as [x]docs/ for easy maintenance.

> Note that the old setup existed to separate the permissions for the
> release area from the permissions for docs.  I have no particular
> objection to merging them at this time.

I agree - it would be good that our docs/ people could help, especially
with language translations of Announcement.

Re: svn commit: r494598 - /httpd/httpd/dist/

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.