Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by GabryWu <wu...@qq.com> on 2020/05/09 08:06:09 UTC

回复:[DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix when update resource name?

I think the resource file name (including suffix) can't be changed, which contents can be overwritten.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same file ? If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?

if user want to delete a resource file, a tips telling that the file is used by some job is better

Posted by 周安 <zh...@idss-cn.com>.
Do you mean that I changed the project name? I renamed the project name after copying from git

------------------

=======================================

UEBA研发侧&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 周安

上海观安信息技术股份有限公司

Information &amp; Data Security&nbsp;Solutions Co.,Ltd.&nbsp;

上海总部地址:上海市普陀区大渡河路388弄5号楼华宏商务中心6层

北京总部地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园8号楼一层131室

手机:15665510082

上海总部电话:(021)62090100

WEB:www.idss-cn.com&nbsp;

&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From: &nbsp;"周安"<zhouan@idss-cn.com&gt;;
Date: &nbsp;Sat, May 9, 2020 05:49 PM
To: &nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;;

&nbsp;

I may not understand what you mean, please make it clear, or can you tell me how to deal with this problem?

------------------

&nbsp;
=======================================
&nbsp;
UEBA研发侧&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 周安
&nbsp;

&nbsp;
上海观安信息技术股份有限公司
&nbsp;
Information &amp;amp; Data Security&amp;nbsp;Solutions Co.,Ltd.&amp;nbsp;
&nbsp;
上海总部地址:上海市普陀区大渡河路388弄5号楼华宏商务中心6层
&nbsp;
北京总部地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园8号楼一层131室
&nbsp;
手机:15665510082
&nbsp;
上海总部电话:(021)62090100
&nbsp;
WEB:www.idss-cn.com&amp;nbsp;

&nbsp;

&amp;nbsp;
&amp;nbsp;
&amp;nbsp;
------------------&amp;nbsp;Original&amp;nbsp;------------------
From: &amp;nbsp;"GabryWu"<wu_shao_jie@qq.com&amp;gt;;
Date: &amp;nbsp;Sat, May 9, 2020 05:44 PM
To: &amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;;

&amp;nbsp;

If there are so many tasks using the "wrong" suffix which means many users accept the file suffix,
then the suffix is RIGHT.
If want to use the new resource file ,they would better change the DAG definition

------------------&amp;amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;amp;nbsp;------------------

From: &nbsp;"GabryWu"<wu_shao_jie@qq.com&gt;;
Date: &nbsp;Sat, May 9, 2020 05:44 PM
To: &nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;;

&nbsp;

If there are so many tasks using the "wrong" suffix which means many users accept the file suffix,
then the suffix is RIGHT.
If want to use the new resource file ,they would better change the DAG definition

------------------&amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;nbsp;------------------
for users,&amp;nbsp; if you use a wrong suffix file in many tasks, cloning cannot
reduce workload, but renaming can.

simon <3656562@qq.com&amp;gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午5:17写道:

&amp;gt; I suggest allowing to change the resource file suffix,because i think this
&amp;gt; operation is infrequent and maybe we can assume by default that it has made
&amp;gt; problems in use and developers know the impact of changing the suffix.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; ------------------&amp;amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;amp;nbsp;------------------
&amp;gt; 发件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"leon bao"<leonbao@apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; 发送时间:&amp;amp;nbsp;2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午5:10
&amp;gt; 收件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; 抄送:&amp;amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; 主题:&amp;amp;nbsp;Re: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix
&amp;gt; when update resource name?
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; there is a issue about this:
&amp;gt; https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/1397
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; in summary, the issue reporter cannot preview the renamed resource when it
&amp;gt; was renamed a wrong suffix.
&amp;gt; but i think this is not a bug, because if suffix is wrong,&amp;amp;nbsp; you can
&amp;gt; rename
&amp;gt; a right one.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; @GabryWu
&amp;gt; after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
&amp;gt; the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
&amp;gt; inconvenient.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; @lgcareer2019
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; We should trust the user, before changing the file suffix, user clearly
&amp;gt; know the file suffix is wrong.
&amp;gt; At the same time,&amp;amp;nbsp; the resource is used as 'resource id' in task
&amp;gt; definition, not 'resource name' ,&amp;amp;nbsp; so there is nothing with the task
&amp;gt; when
&amp;gt; renaming the resource suffix.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; GabryWu <wu_shao_jie@qq.com&amp;amp;gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午4:06写道:
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; I think the resource file name (including suffix) can't be changed,
&amp;gt; which
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; contents can be overwritten.&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same
&amp;gt; file ?
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; if user want to delete a resource file, a tips telling that the file
&amp;gt; is
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; used by some job is better
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; ------------------&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;------------------
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 发件人:&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019@outlook.com"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 发送时间:&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午3:54
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 收件人:&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 主题:&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;[DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file
&amp;gt; suffix
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; when update resource name?
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Hi Dev Team.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Here is a short topic[1] to discuss.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Background
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 1. User has created a resource that which name is example and suffix
&amp;gt; is
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; txt.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 2. The above resource has been authorzied to other users and it was
&amp;gt; used
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; by some process definitons.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; To Discuss
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; If a user need update the resource name,Is it allowed to change the
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; resource file suffix when update resource name?
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; If it is allowed to change the resource file suffix,May be lead to a
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; problem that the tasks those which used this resource maybe executed
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; failure.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; If it is not allowed to change the resource file,If created the
&amp;gt; resource
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; and found the resource suffix is wrong,The user has to delete it and
&amp;gt; create
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; it again.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Please feel free to discuss.
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; 1.https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/2598
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/2598&amp;amp;gt&amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Gang Li 李岗
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; lgcareer2019@outlook.com<mailto:lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;amp;amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; --
&amp;gt; DolphinScheduler(Incubator)&amp;amp;nbsp; PPMC
&amp;gt; BaoLiang 鲍亮
&amp;gt; leonbao@apache.org

--
DolphinScheduler(Incubator)&amp;nbsp; PPMC
BaoLiang 鲍亮

回复: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix when update resource name?

Posted by GabryWu <wu...@qq.com>.
If there are so many tasks using the "wrong" suffix which means many users accept the file suffix,
then the suffix is RIGHT.
If want to use the new resource file ,they would better change the DAG definition

for users,&nbsp; if you use a wrong suffix file in many tasks, cloning cannot
reduce workload, but renaming can.

simon <3656562@qq.com&gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午5:17写道:

&gt; I suggest allowing to change the resource file suffix,because i think this
&gt; operation is infrequent and maybe we can assume by default that it has made
&gt; problems in use and developers know the impact of changing the suffix.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ------------------&amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;nbsp;------------------
&gt; 发件人:&amp;nbsp;"leon bao"<leonbao@apache.org&amp;gt;;
&gt; 发送时间:&amp;nbsp;2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午5:10
&gt; 收件人:&amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;;
&gt; 抄送:&amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;gt;;
&gt; 主题:&amp;nbsp;Re: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix
&gt; when update resource name?
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; there is a issue about this:
&gt; https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/1397
&gt;
&gt; in summary, the issue reporter cannot preview the renamed resource when it
&gt; was renamed a wrong suffix.
&gt; but i think this is not a bug, because if suffix is wrong,&amp;nbsp; you can
&gt; rename
&gt; a right one.
&gt;
&gt; @GabryWu
&gt; after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
&gt; the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
&gt; inconvenient.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; @lgcareer2019
&gt;
&gt; We should trust the user, before changing the file suffix, user clearly
&gt; know the file suffix is wrong.
&gt; At the same time,&amp;nbsp; the resource is used as 'resource id' in task
&gt; definition, not 'resource name' ,&amp;nbsp; so there is nothing with the task
&gt; when
&gt; renaming the resource suffix.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; GabryWu <wu_shao_jie@qq.com&amp;gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午4:06写道:
&gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; I think the resource file name (including suffix) can't be changed,
&gt; which
&gt; &amp;gt; contents can be overwritten.&amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;nbsp;
&gt; &amp;gt; Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same
&gt; file ?
&gt; &amp;gt; If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; if user want to delete a resource file, a tips telling that the file
&gt; is
&gt; &amp;gt; used by some job is better
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; ------------------&amp;amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;amp;nbsp;------------------
&gt; &amp;gt; 发件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019@outlook.com"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com
&gt; &amp;amp;gt;;
&gt; &amp;gt; 发送时间:&amp;amp;nbsp;2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午3:54
&gt; &amp;gt; 收件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; 主题:&amp;amp;nbsp;[DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file
&gt; suffix
&gt; &amp;gt; when update resource name?
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Hi Dev Team.
&gt; &amp;gt; Here is a short topic[1] to discuss.
&gt; &amp;gt; Background
&gt; &amp;gt; 1. User has created a resource that which name is example and suffix
&gt; is
&gt; &amp;gt; txt.
&gt; &amp;gt; 2. The above resource has been authorzied to other users and it was
&gt; used
&gt; &amp;gt; by some process definitons.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; To Discuss
&gt; &amp;gt; If a user need update the resource name,Is it allowed to change the
&gt; &amp;gt; resource file suffix when update resource name?
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; If it is allowed to change the resource file suffix,May be lead to a
&gt; &amp;gt; problem that the tasks those which used this resource maybe executed
&gt; &amp;gt; failure.
&gt; &amp;gt; If it is not allowed to change the resource file,If created the
&gt; resource
&gt; &amp;gt; and found the resource suffix is wrong,The user has to delete it and
&gt; create
&gt; &amp;gt; it again.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Please feel free to discuss.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; 1.https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/2598
&gt; &amp;gt <https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/2598&amp;gt&gt;;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
&gt; &amp;gt; Gang Li 李岗
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; lgcareer2019@outlook.com<mailto:lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;amp;gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; --
&gt; DolphinScheduler(Incubator)&amp;nbsp; PPMC
&gt; BaoLiang 鲍亮
&gt; leonbao@apache.org

--
DolphinScheduler(Incubator)&nbsp; PPMC
BaoLiang 鲍亮

Re: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix when update resource name?

Posted by leon bao <le...@apache.org>.
@GabryWu
for users,  if you use a wrong suffix file in many tasks, cloning cannot
reduce workload, but renaming can.

simon <36...@qq.com> 于2020年5月9日周六 下午5:17写道:

Posted by simon <36...@qq.com>.
I suggest allowing to change the resource file suffix,because i think this operation is infrequent and maybe we can assume by default that it has made problems in use and developers know the impact of changing the suffix.

in summary, the issue reporter cannot preview the renamed resource when it
was renamed a wrong suffix.
but i think this is not a bug, because if suffix is wrong,&nbsp; you can rename
a right one.

@GabryWu
after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
inconvenient.

@lgcareer2019

We should trust the user, before changing the file suffix, user clearly
know the file suffix is wrong.
At the same time,&nbsp; the resource is used as 'resource id' in task
definition, not 'resource name' ,&nbsp; so there is nothing with the task when
renaming the resource suffix.

GabryWu <wu_shao_jie@qq.com&gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午4:06写道:

&gt; I think the resource file name (including suffix) can't be changed, which
&gt; contents can be overwritten.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;
&gt; Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same file ?
&gt; If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; if user want to delete a resource file, a tips telling that the file is
&gt; used by some job is better
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ------------------&amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;nbsp;------------------
&gt; 发件人:&amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019@outlook.com"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;gt;;
&gt; 发送时间:&amp;nbsp;2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午3:54
&gt; 收件人:&amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;;
&gt;
&gt; 主题:&amp;nbsp;[DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix
&gt; when update resource name?
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Hi Dev Team.
&gt; Here is a short topic[1] to discuss.
&gt; Background
&gt; 1. User has created a resource that which name is example and suffix is
&gt; txt.
&gt; 2. The above resource has been authorzied to other users and it was used
&gt; by some process definitons.
&gt;
&gt; To Discuss
&gt; If a user need update the resource name,Is it allowed to change the
&gt; resource file suffix when update resource name?
&gt;
&gt; If it is allowed to change the resource file suffix,May be lead to a
&gt; problem that the tasks those which used this resource maybe executed
&gt; failure.
&gt; If it is not allowed to change the resource file,If created the resource
&gt; and found the resource suffix is wrong,The user has to delete it and create
&gt; it again.
&gt;

回复: 回复: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix when update resource name?

Posted by 向偲彪 <xi...@qq.com>.
1. I think it is necessary to add resources to rename,
2. Whether to prompt the user before renaming, if the resource is renamed, it will affect the operation of other tasks

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) commiter
CaibiaoXiang 向偲彪
leonbao@apache.org

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi , @leon bao
*  i think the approve of modifications belongs to business process, that is
not responsibility of the system.

I agree with you.
I mean if this resource file is shared with others , the update action must
alert to the person being shared by use some way (we know the user list who
shared this file , so we can show this action to the user by some way ,
like push message) .
if this resource file is not shared with others , update can be made
silently , because the people who update  know how to handle these
modifications.

leon bao <le...@apache.org> 于2020年5月11日周一 下午6:41写道:

Posted by leon bao <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by leon bao <le...@apache.org>.
+1
i suggest put this change in version 1.3.0

lidong dai <da...@gmail.com> 于2020年5月14日周四 下午7:49写道:

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "lgcareer2019@outlook.com" <lg...@outlook.com>.
@caibiao
great,I can modify the backend.

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer2019@outlook.com<ma...@outlook.com>

1. All modifications cannot be made silently, and must be approved by the
user, because this may cause errors to others who use this file And loss.
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Yes ,&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;minority is subordinate to the majority, if so many users used the resource file,
then we can't simply think the suffix is wrong.&amp;nbsp;
who should make this decision that the suffix is wrong ?
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
------------------&amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;nbsp;------------------
I think once the resource file is used by others, it is best not to modify
it directly.
For the modification of resource files that can be used by other people, we
should abide by a principle:
1. All modifications cannot be made silently, and must be approved by the
user, because this may cause errors to others who use this file And loss.
2. If we need to modify this file, the best way is to create a new file,
and then notify the user that the user can choose to use the new file or
continue to use the original file.
&nbsp;
lgcareer2019@outlook.com <lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午7:35写道:
&nbsp;
&amp;gt; May be I didn't describe clearly.I try to describe clearly.
&amp;gt; The resource name I said means the resource full name,it includes name and
&amp;gt; suffix.
&amp;gt; @GabryWu
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same file ?
&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp; If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; Now verify the uniqueness of the resource file,it need verfiy the resource
&amp;gt; full name.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
&amp;gt; Gang Li 李岗
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; lgcareer2019@outlook.com<mailto:lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; 发件人: GabryWu
&amp;gt; 发送时间: 2020-05-09 17:17
&amp;gt; 收件人: dev
&amp;gt; 抄送: lgcareer2019
&amp;gt; 主题: 回复: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix when
&amp;gt; update resource name?
&amp;gt; after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
&amp;gt; the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
&amp;gt; inconvenient.
&amp;gt; --------------------------------------
&amp;gt; convenient is another thing! We should make the logic reasonable.
&amp;gt; If resource file name can't be changed at all, that can avoid a lot of
&amp;gt; problems.
&amp;gt; We can clone one resource file from another ,which equals to
&amp;gt; DELETING-AND-CREATING
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; ------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
&amp;gt; 发件人: "leon bao"<leonbao@apache.org&amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; 发送时间: 2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午5:10
&amp;gt; 收件人: "dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; 抄送: "lgcareer2019"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; 主题: Re: [DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix when
&amp;gt; update resource name?
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; there is a issue about this:
&amp;gt; https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/1397
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; in summary, the issue reporter cannot preview the renamed resource when it
&amp;gt; was renamed a wrong suffix.
&amp;gt; but i think this is not a bug, because if suffix is wrong,&amp;nbsp; you can rename
&amp;gt; a right one.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; @GabryWu
&amp;gt; after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
&amp;gt; the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
&amp;gt; inconvenient.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; @lgcareer2019
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; We should trust the user, before changing the file suffix, user clearly
&amp;gt; know the file suffix is wrong.
&amp;gt; At the same time,&amp;nbsp; the resource is used as 'resource id' in task
&amp;gt; definition, not 'resource name' ,&amp;nbsp; so there is nothing with the task when
&amp;gt; renaming the resource suffix.
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; GabryWu <wu_shao_jie@qq.com&amp;gt; 于2020年5月9日周六 下午4:06写道:
&amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; I think the resource file name (including suffix) can't be changed, which
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; contents can be overwritten.&amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;amp;nbsp;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same file ?
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; if user want to delete a resource file, a tips telling that the file is
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 发件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019@outlook.com"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 发送时间:&amp;amp;nbsp;2020年5月9日(星期六) 下午3:54
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 收件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 主题:&amp;amp;nbsp;[DISCUSSION] Is it allowed to change the resource file suffix
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; when update resource name?
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Hi Dev Team.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Here is a short topic[1] to discuss.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Background
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 1. User has created a resource that which name is example and suffix is
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; txt.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 2. The above resource has been authorzied to other users and it was used
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; by some process definitons.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; To Discuss
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; If a user need update the resource name,Is it allowed to change the
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; resource file suffix when update resource name?
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; If it is allowed to change the resource file suffix,May be lead to a
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; problem that the tasks those which used this resource maybe executed
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; failure.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; If it is not allowed to change the resource file,If created the resource
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; and found the resource suffix is wrong,The user has to delete it and
&amp;gt; create
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; it again.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; Please feel free to discuss.
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt; 1.https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/2598
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;
&amp;gt; &amp;gt;

&gt; &gt; 发件人:&amp;nbsp;"lgcareer2019@outlook.com"<lgcareer2019@outlook.com&amp;gt;;
&gt; &gt; 1.https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/2598

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@gmail.com>.
I agree with @GabryWu

lgcareer2019@outlook.com <lg...@outlook.com> 于2020年5月9日周六 下午7:35写道:

Posted by "lgcareer2019@outlook.com" <lg...@outlook.com>.
May be I didn't describe clearly.I try to describe clearly.
The resource name I said means the resource full name,it includes name and suffix.
@GabryWu
> Why we should consider two files with different suffix is the same file ?
 If so ,what's meaning of the file suffix?

Now verify the uniqueness of the resource file,it need verfiy the resource full name.

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer2019@outlook.com<ma...@outlook.com>

after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
inconvenient.
--------------------------------------
convenient is another thing! We should make the logic reasonable.
If resource file name can't be changed at all, that can avoid a lot of problems.
We can clone one resource file from another ,which equals to DELETING-AND-CREATING

Posted by GabryWu <wu...@qq.com>.
after writing a long code file, i select a wrong suffix. if cannot rename
the suffix, i have to delete the file and create a new one. It's very
inconvenient.

convenient is another thing! We should make the logic&nbsp;reasonable.

Posted by leon bao <le...@apache.org>.
there is a issue about this: