Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Neil Conway <ne...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/03 08:15:06 UTC

Re: more ClassCastExceptions with joins, group by and non-strings

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Peter Alvaro <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> create table bar (
>    bas string--,
>    --bat double
> )
> ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\174';

"bat" shouldn't be commented-out, if you want to use the provided test data.

> It appears that queries with all three of (join, group by, non-string
> datatype) cause a crash in the serde code run at the reducer:

I can reproduce this issue with the trunk Hive code (+ Hadoop 0.19.1).
Has anyone from the Hive team had a chance to investigate this?

Thanks,

Neil

Re: more ClassCastExceptions with joins, group by and non-strings

Posted by Neil Conway <ne...@gmail.com>.
Prasad,

I've confirmed that I don't see the issue with Hive 0.3 (and Hadoop
0.19.1), but I can still reproduce it with trunk. I can take a look at
finding the exact revision that caused the problem later this week...

Neil

Posted by Prasad Chakka <pc...@facebook.com>.

From: Neil Conway <ne...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 15:38:48 -0700