Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Stipe Tolj <to...@wapme-systems.de> on 2003/09/22 18:25:39 UTC

Re: Kannel discussion invitation

> no good, alas; i'll be on the road driving to another town at that point.
> i *should* be back within a couple of hours, though. :-/

Ken,

please find the #kannel IRC channel log of the debate at

  http://www.kannel.org/irc-sessions/

from last friday and today.

People have raised a couple of questions in terms how "independancy"
of a project is impacted when moving to ASF. You you or other from the
incubation project comment on this please.

Also, we'd like to make an IRC session with a couple of you Apache
guys online, so Kannel developer's can directly ask. How should we
proceed in having an appointment fixed?!

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: info@wapme-systems.de
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de

Re: Kannel discussion invitation

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stipe Tolj wrote:

>>no good, alas; i'll be on the road driving to another town at that point.
>>i *should* be back within a couple of hours, though. :-/
>
> Ken,
>
> please find the #kannel IRC channel log of the debate at
>
>   http://www.kannel.org/irc-sessions/
>
> from last friday and today.
>
> People have raised a couple of questions in terms how "independancy"
> of a project is impacted when moving to ASF. You you or other from the
> incubation project comment on this please.

I read both sessions (I'm not used to reading IRC logs, and not knowing
you guys it's difficult to understand).

IIUC there is a point where you question wether technical decisions are
taken by someone other than the developers. Well, it is not the case.

Technical decisions on a project are solely taken by the project
committers, using the Apache voting guidelines.
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

Some extra info about Apache:
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/theapacheway.html

How to have new developers join:
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/newcommitters.html

> Also, we'd like to make an IRC session with a couple of you Apache
> guys online, so Kannel developer's can directly ask. How should we
> proceed in having an appointment fixed?!

Email is better IMO for such a type of discussions. Many of us are not
in the US or in any case in your same time-zone, so email makes it
possible for all to partecipate. This is why all project decisions and
most if not all discussions are taken in email.

If you send us here your concerns and questions we'll be happy to answer
  :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Kannel discussion invitation

Posted by Stipe Tolj <to...@wapme-systems.de>.
Ken wrote:

> Stipe Tolj wrote:
> > please find the #kannel IRC channel log of the debate at
> >
> >   http://www.kannel.org/irc-sessions/
>
> is that private?  if not, you might want to add it to your
> note to the incubator; i think you omitted it.

no, it's not private, we're an open project ;)

> > People have raised a couple of questions in terms how "independancy"
> > of a project is impacted when moving to ASF. You you or other from the
> > incubation project comment on this please.
>
> ask me directed questions and i'll try to answer.  showing me pages
> of stuff and asking me to 'please comment' is a bit too vague..

ok, I'll let people formulate a specific question list.

> > Also, we'd like to make an IRC session with a couple of you Apache
> > guys online, so Kannel developer's can directly ask. How should we
> > proceed in having an appointment fixed?!
>
> give a couple of days more notice.  i'll be glad to, but i need to
> get it onto my schedule.  and coordinating it would be better still;
> provide a bunch of alternative times, rather than 10:00 cet on friday,
> make it or not..

yep, will do so while the next week. Thanks a lot Ken.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"