Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/14 14:48:32 UTC

Associating BindingType with Binding instances and ImplementationType with implementation instances

Hi,

There is a phase in the policy fwk impl that needs to validate attachment
points for the intents attached (or specified) in them.  A PolicyIntent
definition has a 'constrains' attribute that lists the valid attachment
points (bindings / implementations) for an intent.  This list is a list of
QNames that point to bindingtypes or implementation types such as binding.wsor
implementation.java.

Having said that, presently I am doing this sort of validation during the
build phase.  For example I am looking into each binding instance, getting
the list of intents attached to it and then for each intent I want to look
up the 'constrains' attribute to see if it lists the 'bindingtype' of the
binding instance in question.  But then, where do I get the bindingType
given the binding instance ?

To support this, seems like we could had a QName field to the Binding and
Implementation abstractions to represent the BindingType and
ImplementationType respectively.  As per the extension model section in the
AssemblySpecs it does seem like every implementation and binding extension
does 'need' to define implementation and bindingType elements and I have
already implemented abstractions for these elements in the Policy module.

specs.

Thoughts ?

Thanks

- Venkat