Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.com> on 2003/03/24 10:57:06 UTC

propfind

Hi there!

This question is not directly related to slide, but more a WebDAV question!

I have an application that needs all visible propertied and some of the
"hidden" ones. By hidden I am referring to those that does not appear in an
allprop propfind request. My question is now, is it possible to create a
request that asks for an allprop and specific properties in the same
request? A request looking something like this:

PROPFIND /files/car.xml HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8080
Connection: TE
TE: trailers
Depth: 1
Authorization: Basic xxx

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<propfind xmlns="DAV:">
	<allprop/>
	<prop>
		<checked-in xmlns="DAV:"/>
		<checked-out xmlns="DAV:"/>
	</prop>
</propfind>

Thanks
Jacob

> This question is not directly related to slide, but more a WebDAV
> question!
>
> I have an application that needs all visible propertied and some of the
> "hidden" ones. By hidden I am referring to those that does not
> appear in an
> allprop propfind request. My question is now, is it possible to create a
> request that asks for an allprop and specific properties in the same
> request? A request looking something like this:
>
> PROPFIND /files/car.xml HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> Connection: TE
> TE: trailers
> Depth: 1
> Authorization: Basic xxx
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <propfind xmlns="DAV:">
> 	<allprop/>
> 	<prop>
> 		<checked-in xmlns="DAV:"/>
> 		<checked-out xmlns="DAV:"/>
> 	</prop>
> </propfind>

No,

you can't with standard WebDAV.

A proposal to fix this was published by us [1] and is implemented in the SAP
Enterprise Portal WebDAV server. The WebDAV WG is likely to adopt a
*similar* but syntactically different proposal for the next revision of
RFC2518 [2].

Julian

[1]
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-allprop-include-lates