Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by parimal gain <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/27 12:42:02 UTC

Problem with CatalogServletUrl

Hi there is some discrepancies in CatalogUrlServlet I'm facing ie. when I
am using <@ofbizCatalogAltUrl to prepare
product/category url for my application its showing different behavior
depends on the images availability rendering
for the webpage.

scenario :

1)  When used <@ofbizCatalogAltUrl productCategoryId=${currentCategoryId}
previousCategoryId="${prevCategoryId}" /> and there is one image path in
webpage exists that don't exists in specified location :
    In this case my request request halted. When I looked at console then
came to know that the category request      called two time. It took the
specified categories, begins, executs properly and message comes Category
request Done, but at the same time caregory request again begin and it
doGet() of CatalogUrlServlet class again called. This time doGet() take
pathInfo = path of the image that is not available in the specified path
from the request.
Then doGet() split this path and cosider each part of splited item as
category and tries to execute which is wrong, and system gets halted.

2)  But in the same case if the images is available and in the whole
webpage each image is available in there specified location that time
request works properly without halting.

3)  When used <@ofbizCatalogAltUrl productCategoryId=${currentCategoryId}
previousCategoryId="" /> : In this case everything works fine whether image
for the page is available to the specified location or not.

So here my question is

1) Why request calls multiple time when passing previousCategory Id at the
time of making the url?
2) From where the request getting the pathinfo ie. where this attribute
added to request as pathinfo at run time.
3) Why doGet() takes image path which is not available?

I don't know whether this is issue of CatalogUrlServlet or anything else,
but I am facing this while testing my application.
Can anybody help me on this.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Problem with CatalogServletUrl

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I meant maybe it fixes the issue (I did not get into details of the text below). But it's unlikely yes

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by parimal gain <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques and Jacopo for reply. I'll inform on this issue after
testing in latest and will let you know whether this issuehas been resolved
or not.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "parimal gain" <ga...@gmail.com>