Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Jarrett Grantham <jc...@razzasolutions.com> on 2003/01/17 20:44:06 UTC

Nested Struts ..Monkey Struts

I have been using Struts 1.0 for some time now and I was wondering if anyone
has ever run into this particular problem. I am nesting forms with nested
tags(Monkey Struts add on )which works great for displaying data using the
scope of "request". I understand that nested struts is now included in the
latest version of Struts 1.1B3. I have noticed that when I use a input field
such as a text input box and then submit the page that has nested forms on
it; the nested forms do not get rendered to my action class(form param in my
perform method). Only the top level Parent form is populated; any child
forms( a array list in my parent form class) are not populated. If I change
the scope to session,  then the child form's are populated in my Action
class. The difference between Session and Request in this particular example
puzzles me.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks, Jarrett

Jarrett Grantham