Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Schulenberg Joshua <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/26 19:21:13 UTC

SpamAssassin Socket Problems

I'm using Fedora Core 4 and Perl 5.8.6. After
upgrading Perl (from RPM), SpamAssassin doesn't work
at all(tried v. 3.0 -> 3.1). It seems to be the only
Perl based application affected. I'm using Milter and
get this error: Jan 25 12:31:35 spamwall spamd[1939]:
prefork: sysread(9) not ready, wait max 300 secs

Then I switched to TCP Socket from UNIX and nothing
happens at all except:
Jan 26 11:31:52 spamwall spamd[15003]: server
successfully spawned child process, pid 15156

Then..nothing. SpamAssassin works from spamc just fine
(like when calling from procmail). It seems to be only
when it's called from a socket, like with
spamass-milter. I have seen this problem multiple
times on lists..but there has been no solution.

http://mail.yahoo.com