Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by William-GuoWei <wi...@qq.com> on 2019/12/04 07:41:25 UTC

[Monthly Report Updated] Dolphin Scheduler Monthly ReportonDecember 2019

Dear all devs,

According to Wusheng and Justin’s advice. Here is the Updated Monthly Report:

## Dolphin Scheduler

Dolphin Scheduler is a distributed and easy-to-expand visual DAG workflow scheduling system dedicated to solving the complex dependencies in data processing, making the scheduling system out of the box for data processing.

Dolphin Scheduler has been incubating since 2019-8-29.

#### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Make first Apache releases. (In voting progress)
2. Appeal more users and contributors.
3. Make more interactive e-mail discussion besides github, wechat

#### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

#### How has the community developed since the last report?

1. There are 42 people to contribute codes to the main github repo.

2. 2 committers were voted to join Dolphin Scheduler committers group last month, and there is a plan to vote 3-4 more committers next month.

3. 131 users subscribed the mail of dev and dev-notification and we got 113 mails formal discussions.

4. There is a plan to hold a co-meetup with Sharding Sphere in Dec, 8th in Beijing.

#### How has the project developed since the last report?

1. PPMC is voting for an Apache release 1.2.0 on Nov,27,which includes 9 features and 18 enhancements and bug fix.

2. Build a CI/CD base on Github actions.

3. Default DB is changed from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

4. 241 issues created,237 PRs merged .

#### How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

- Initial setup

#### Date of last release:

\-

#### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2019-11-11

#### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors help a lot on our firtst Apache Release, including first time on CI/CD, license check, Apache checklist, and so on. Wu Sheng gave us many useful advice

#### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
Yes. We keep tracking this issue.

Dolphin Scheduler (Incubator) PPMC Member
William Guo Wei