Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Arnaud Gaillard <ar...@xtendsys.net> on 2012/12/12 22:19:11 UTC

Secondary storage migration

Hello,

We are currently trying to change our secondary storage NAS, and we would
like to know if you have some experience to share on the best way to
decommission a secondary storage and replace it with a new one.

We already have added our new secondary storage, to the different zone, but
there is no specific controle over it. I know that template created from
now are duplicated on both storage but what about existing one?

What about system VM template?

Any thought?

Thanks!

AG

Re: Secondary storage migration

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Arnaud - thanks for your feedback. Let me know if you need further help on
this.
It would be great if you could file a bug for all the issues you think
should be fixed in this area. There is some work going on this front so
please expect improved behavior.

Posted by Arnaud Gaillard <ar...@xtendsys.net>.
Hello

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
I've had experience doing this.  It involves

- Stop CloudStack
- copying everything from one secondary storage to another.
- change the references to that secondary storage in the database to the new secondary storage.  I can't recall all the places that need changing but it was not a lot.
- restart cloudstack

Other thoughts:
- Why not just add secondary storage to cloudstack and use both?
- in the future, should use fqdn for secondary storage then you can just swap out the ip address in your dns.

--Alex

Posted by Julien Garet <ju...@inria.fr>.
Hello,