Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/11 16:52:20 UTC

Proposal for revised OpenJPA 2.0 iteration schedule

Dev's,
I've been talking with several of the committers and many folks, myself
included, will be on holiday for the last two weeks of the year.  There is
concern about the content (or lack thereof) due to limited participation
during the first two weeks of iteration 2.  The current iteration 2 schedule
is 4 weeks long to account for the holiday, but that realistically won't
give us much time to spend on iteration 2.  Especially since we'd like to
publish a milestone build after iteration 2.

One idea that came up in the discussions was to have a short 2 week
iteration over the holiday; for folks that want contribute to OpenJPA 2.0
over the holiday. Then start a new, full iteration immediately in January.
 This would give us a full 3-week iteration before the milestone and more
time and better participation for planning iteration 2 content.

The proposed iteration dates are:

"Holiday" iteration:  Dec 22 - Jan 2
Iteration 2 : Jan 5 - Jan 23rd

What do y'all think?

-Jeremy

Re: Proposal for revised OpenJPA 2.0 iteration schedule

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy,
Since the participation level is kind of limited at this point, and it seems
like you are just trying to continue to make progress, I personally think
that you can adjust the schedules based on the immediate participants'
needs.  Once we start to get more involvement from a development and test
perspective, then getting more global input will probably be required.  But,
since we're just starting out, I'd say "go for it" and just announce what
you're doing.  Most people will speak up if they don't like it...  :-)

Thanks,
Kevin