Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jim O'Neill <jp...@ibm.net> on 2000/01/25 17:26:51 UTC

paramertizing xsl:include and import

Hi,

Is there any way to parameterize the file that should be included/imported
in a stylesheet? For example I tried the following, but it didn't work.

<xsl:param name="incfile" select="incfile.xsl"/>
<xsl:include href="$incfile" />

... Should this work ? I can see why it wouldn't because it would make it
difficult to compile style sheets.

As an alternative, I saw that there was a method setImports(java.util.Vector
v) in Stylesheet. Could this be used to "import" shared stylesheets ? If
not, is there a plan on how enable sharing/reusing stylesheets in the future
?

Thanks,
Jim