Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tyju tiui <jc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/17 21:34:13 UTC

Simple Exception Logging

I'm an axis newb ... please forgive the simplistic question.

In trying to create a simple web service that uses signature / encryption I'm getting a return result of "server error" and I'm not entirely sure how to get axis to write to a log file. The web service was working great until I setup the encryption so I don't think it is my code, but I really don't know?

I have a log4j.properties in my classpath (axis/WEB-INF/classes) and it is getting picked up when I use this sample I found on the wiki:

# Set root logger level to WARN and its only appender to A1.
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, A1
# show DEBUG for SOAPPart method
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.SOAPPart=DEBUG
# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
# log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.File=axis.log
# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

But I see nothing helpful with this config. I'm looking for a stack trace or something to help me figure out why its erroring out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ty

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html