Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ron Romero <rr...@newsstand.com> on 2003/04/08 18:54:49 UTC

Selectable Component Build (Xerces-C++ Lite)

So, what's the status of  "Selectable Component Build (Xerces-C++ Lite)".  I
see it on the release plan, but I see that no one has volunteered for it.
Is anyone considering tackling it?  Does someone have some ideas?  What
would it take for me to tackle this one?

My company is using a very small subset of Xerces, and we'd really like to
be able to reduce the size of our installation kit by paring down Xerces to
what we really need.  So, how possible is a Xerces-C++ Lite?

Thanks,

Ron Romero
NewsStand, Inc.

Re: Selectable Component Build (Xerces-C++ Lite)

Posted by Sir Woody Hackswell <wo...@hackswell.com>.
On a similar note, I've noticed in the Win32 binary distribution that there
are many separate DLLs, instead of just one xerces.dll library.  Is there
any way to do this in *NIX?  I'm trying a few things with the code, and
linking one huge mega-library takes forever! ;)

-Richard Balint

--
---Computer Mangled Poetry---
In the past of the magic of Acid Kitty, abundance with color. The relative

Sir.Woody@Hackswell.com       http://sir.woody.hackswell.com