Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Robert Taylor <po...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/28 02:36:57 UTC

To Apache Open Office : Glitch on centering of page.

Hello:BTW, I am 70 and quite retired.  So, I really appreciate the price compared to MS - Office.  Also, the interface seem quite intuitive and easier to function rather than MS - Office.   So, you guys (and girls) get an A+ and Micro Soft gets a C.
As i get older and develop more of a  tremor,  I really appreciate using the addressing of the envelope function.  In a way, I really  wish the envelope sizes were set up like the  Avery label function.     However, set up for Hallmark, American Greetings and  whatever brands are out  there.
Because what I now do is measure the envelope to the 1/100th of an inch and then enter that size in manually to  a custom size.  Precise but slow.

 I have a  glitch in my Open Office Apache  Word/text Writer.
I have been working on this for several hours and I can't get the program to straighten out..
BTW, on this machine I am running Windows-7  Home Premium edition.    My version of Open Office is  V: 4.1.2.   The Rev. is :  1709696                      AOO412m3 Build 9782

The problem is this :
When I open up Open Office Writer,  the sheet is not centered so I can write on the formatted page.
instead the page appears  at the extreme right hand and I have to drag the whole page into the center.   I never had to do that before.  It is frustrating.   I have tried to center the page then turn off the computer in the hopes that the program would remember the correct position and would auto correct.  It does not happen.
If you would please tell me the steps so I can get the page to be centered.  I would be most grateful

Of course this had to happen on a weekend. So,  hopefully I will get a reply on Monday.
Please contact me at :  Robert Taylor,    <po...@yahoo.com>
Thank You for your help,
Robet Taylor

Re: To Apache Open Office : Glitch on centering of page.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 02:36:57 +0000 (UTC)
Robert Taylor <po...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hello:BTW, I am 70 and quite retired.  So, I really appreciate the price compared to MS - Office.  Also, the interface seem quite intuitive and easier to function rather than MS - Office.   So, you guys (and girls) get an A+ and Micro Soft gets a C.
> As i get older and develop more of a  tremor,  I really appreciate using the addressing of the envelope function.  In a way, I really  wish the envelope sizes were set up like the  Avery label function.     However, set up for Hallmark, American Greetings and  whatever brands are out  there.
> Because what I now do is measure the envelope to the 1/100th of an inch and then enter that size in manually to  a custom size.  Precise but slow.
>

>  I have a  glitch in my Open Office Apache  Word/text Writer.
> I have been working on this for several hours and I can't get the program to straighten out..
> BTW, on this machine I am running Windows-7  Home Premium edition.    My version of Open Office is  V: 4.1.2.   The Rev. is :  1709696                      AOO412m3 Build 9782
>
> The problem is this :
> When I open up Open Office Writer,  the sheet is not centered so I can write on the formatted page.
> instead the page appears  at the extreme right hand and I have to drag the whole page into the center.   I never had to do that before.  It is frustrating.   I have tried to center the page then turn off the computer in the hopes that the program would remember the correct position and would auto correct.  It does not happen.
> If you would please tell me the steps so I can get the page to be centered.  I would be most grateful
>
> Of course this had to happen on a weekend. So,  hopefully I will get a reply on Monday.
> Please contact me at :  Robert Taylor,    <po...@yahoo.com>
> Thank You for your help,
> Robet Taylor

Bottom right of OO window there are three little icons.  Leftmost icon is a single page. The next icon to right is two pages side by side and the third is a left/right book opening.

Click on the leftmost icon then click in the % box in the corner (or /View /Zoom) and adjust scaling to suit your need.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>